Since we opened our doors in 2002, we have represented many different types of clients in many different types of cases, including, by way of illustration:
- The accused in criminal prosecutions ranging from misdemeanors to felonies of the most serious kind, in state and federal courts, and on appeal, including capital post-conviction appeals.
- Wrongly convicted defendants in post-conviction proceedings to establish their innocence.
- Individuals in civil rights actions to vindicate violations of the Constitution and federal laws by state actors and private parties who colluded with them.
- A major University in litigation, including commercial, general liability and professional negligence actions.
- Over 300 Duke University and UNC students in civil, criminal, and quasi-judicial disciplinary proceedings.
- Joint-Defense of several groups of individuals wrongly accused in criminal and University disciplinary proceedings.
- Dozens of Graduate and Undergraduate students in university judicial affairs investigations and hearings.
- Elementary and high school students in disciplinary proceedings in public and private schools.
- Parents of special needs children in actions to enforce their right to education under federal and state law.
- Large and small businesses in litigation actions ranging from contract to professional negligence.
- Individuals injured in an accident.
- Individuals who have been harmed by medical negligence.
- Collegiate coaches seeking advice on contracts or issues that arise during the course of their employment.
- The board of directors of a non-profit organization to manage and minimize risk, contract drafting and review, and communications with strategic partners.
- The representation and exoneration of over 30 members of the 2006 Duke Men’s Lacrosse Team.
In each case, our Firm has an uncompromising focus on achieving the best possible result, and, throughout the process, we seek to instill calm in our clients and confidence that their problems will be resolved with care, concern, and attention to all of the implications that every decision could have on our client, as a whole person.